Discover the wonders of China’s rich culture and traditions with this fun-filled story – perfect for celebrating Chinese New Year with your littles!
For as long as she could remember, Mei Ling wanted a baby brother. She asked and asked, and wished and wished, yet nothing happened. Until one day… she came up with a plan!
Imaginary friends, a fantastical world and adventures at every turn – a heartwarming read for all the little dreamers, explorers and inventors out there.
- Perfect for Lunar New Year: count down the days to the Year of the Dragon with an exciting journey filled with wonderful Chinese traditions, delicious foods, rich symbolism and a cheeky dragon that brings Chinese culture to life.
- Great for kids waiting for a sibling: Mei Ling’s quest for a sibling is a great way to prepare children waiting for a sibling and one that many of them can identify with.
- An engaging, read-aloud experience: an enchanting storyline with dragons, secret meetings, topsy-turvy inventions and fantastical adventures will make this a favorite read-aloud picture book.
- Color-bursting, stunning illustrations: Mei Ling’s journey unfolds through vibrant illustrations that bring her adventures to life and make the story pop at every turn of the page.
- Interactive details that will make it a keeper: includes a surprise foldout page, a “search and find quiz” at the end of the story, as well as a Mandarin glossary, and some fascinating facts on China that encourage children to revisit the story in interactive ways.
- Ideal for young readers 4-8: thoughtfully designed for kids ages 4-8, this hardcover picture book offers educational (and mega fun!) adventures across 50 captivating pages.