October is already here and families all around are getting spooky-ready for Halloween. As for us? We’ve got our eyes on the days after Halloween: the marvelous Day of the Dead holiday, which happens on the 1st and 2nd of November each year. One of the most important celebrations in Mexico, during the 2-day event, people put on their festive everything in honor of all the loved ones that have passed away.
1) It has a color-bursting picture book that will transport young readers and teach them all about the Day of the Dead and Mexico’s culture, all while following the adorable young Adri, and his fun, funny adventures! And there’s more. At the back of the book, you can solve a witty quiz on Mexico, whose answers are hidden in the story, alongside a two-page English/Spanish vocabulary.
2) It has 3 delicious and easy traditional Day of the Dead recipes that you can do with your little ones at home. Bring the tastes of the celebration to life, all from the comfort of your home. Spoiler alert: there’s something for the littles with a sweet tooth, for the littles without a sweet tooth, and something for the crafty littles that like to decorate their creations, alike!
3) It has a DIY Day of the Dead mask, which is specially designed for creative coloring time, as well as simple, yet awesome dress-up situations. Give your littles as many colors and materials as you can find and let their imagination run wild!
4) It comes with some additional toys guaranteed to steal hearts and offer some quality laughs! Your little ones won’t be able to stop cuddling with Hermelindo, the cutest axolotl plush toy, and they’ll step away from their screens to play memory and snap with our bilingual flash cards. Be prepared to step up your memory skills and expand your Spanish vocabulary, parents!
5) It’s just too irresistible. Proof, below.